Thread: Hearing Loss
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

FWIW, I have ringing in both ears. I can't count how many years, 20 steady years maybe.

Sometimes it may change it's tone. A higher pitch or a steady ringing sound. Other times it seems like a buzzing or swooshing in my ear, like I can hear my blood going in my head.

A few times it went real high pitched and then I lost total hearing in that ear for a few seconds. It comes right back, TG.

I used to be able to hear a noise on the outside street, before my dog would, and he had great hearing. Now I blast the TV and Stereo. My DH gets in the car after I had it, and it blasts him when he pushes the button on.

I hear background sounds first, then voices. So at a party or a crowded place, if people talk to me I hear the music first and have a hard time hearing their voices. I am getting good at lip reading.

My ENT and Neuro said it is probably a lesion in that area. I put the radio on or TV, even a fan to drown it out, so I can ignore it.

I thought it was from having Measles as a kid. I had so many ear infections with that illness, and after that for years. Who knows? It's hard to determine.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-10-2009)