Thread: dental work
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked

I am absolutely fascinated that you brought this up-as a relative "newbie" diagnosed in October, I never thought about dental procedures and RSD. I am curious-I had excruciating pain in my mouth about a week ago. I couldn't relate it to any particular tooth (could bite on all of them without pain) but my gums swelled up like crazt-all the way to swelling the roof of my mouth! So, long story short (skipping the fact that I couldn't reach my PMR with whom I have a "pain contract" to ask about going. He was-an I quote-"too busy to answer your question before your appointment with the dentist.") I go to the dentist and she looks at me like I haven't brushed my teeth since June (and I swear, I brush my teeth like a normal person-twice a day and lie about flossing unless necessary). She has me on antibiotics and then plans on doing a "deep cleaning" on each side of my mouth. Says doing it all together is too painful. She doesn't know that I have RSD. Any advice on what I need to tell her if anything? I was floored that I suddenly needed all of this gum scraping-could be inflammation related to RSD maybe?

Lori Lee
llrn7470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote