View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 02:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Hi Andrea,

Did insurance cover your ketamine treatments? And what other treatments did you try before that? I thought you had posted pictures of yourself with the scs, but I might have you confused with someone else..... And you are off all your meds, no more pills? How cool is that!?!?! I can't wait for the day that I might have a clear head and lots of energy again! You must be on cloud 9!

I am really, REALLY happy for you, and I hope you are well forever!!

Keep in touch,

XOXOX Sandy
the doc that did my ketamine infusion only took cash, however, we submitted the reciepts to my insurance and they did fully reimburse us. I have been completely off all pain meds for like 2-3 weeks now. i still occasionally will take muscle relaxers, but cause i've been hitting the gym everyday working on rebuilding my muscle in my arm.

before i had the ketamine infusion, besides all the different combos of drugs, i had s.g. blocks, lumbar blocks, bier blocks, a lidocaine infusion, a SCS- which made it spread so i had it taken out a year or so later, laser light therapy, tried bio feedback, acupuncture.... um....i think that about does it. i had all that stuff done with in the first 2-3 years of having rsd. i kept pushing the pain team at stanford about ketamine so once i had exhausted every other options that's when they gave it to me to take at home. i went and saw dr kirkpatrick in tampa about seeing if i qualified for the coma, but he said no. that was in may, and so we got the info for dr. leverone in LA from him- he's the doc that did the infusion on me.