View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi

I had terrible trouble sleeeping - particularly in the first six months. I found myself laying awake, totally exhausted and the more desperately I tried to sleep the harder it was.

I was the opposite to Mimi - when I did actually manage to fall asleep my dreams were so vivid that when I woke up I couldn't distinguish reality from my dreams and actually believed for a short time that they were real.

Recounting my bizarre 'nighttime reality' isn't helping you though, so some things you could try include: a warm bath before bed, soothing music when you are trying to sleep (I learned that I could fall asleep better if I had very low talkback radio on, just the monotonous hum of voices helped me - my brain always felt like it was racing and I couldn't clear my thoughts).

If none of the above help, you may benefit from talking to your doctor. You need to sleep for you to heal, and to feel human again. There may be a prescription medication or even a herbal preparation (but make sure it is one that is okayed by your doctor) that will help.

Cheers

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tinks 00 (01-27-2009)