View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Suzi

My aneurysm was discovered as an incidental finding. I had a routine MRI (I have MS), and they did an MRA as well (which looks at the circulatory system in the brain).

My neurologist didn't tell me about it for more than six months, when I went back for my next routine exam he told me about it, told me not to worry about it and that we would monitor it.

My best friends are nurses, and they freaked out and said 'no way - get a referral to a neurosurgeon these are too nasty to muck around with'. So, I got a referral and off I went. The NS looked at my films and told me that I should get it clipped.

It ended up being 13 months from discovery to treatment, but after it was done the NS said the walls were very thin and it would have only been a matter of time until my kids found me dead on the floor. I have a photo that was taken during surgery and you could clearly see what he meant.

My point - and sorry for the long story about me, is please make sure that you see a Neurosurgeon or Cranio Vascular Surgeon. If you decide to monitor it fine, lots of people do, but find out all of your options.

Cheers

Lyn

Last edited by Lynn; 01-27-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote