View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bonnie,
Thank you so much for this and I do agree that it is very important material to consider. I also applaud you for not giving in to the waves of fear and anxiety that can propel one into hasty and unconsidered action when a doctor makes a pronouncement, before you have a chance to consider its merit for yourself including thinking through different angles that he/she might not have thought of.

As to the doctor who is leery of posting here, I didn't see that one, but I don't know what to say. I, too, feel very sympathetic now to the position of doctors who are basically backed into a corner, sanctioned only to give certain recommendations based on whichever company had the most money to fund a clinical study, and if they recommend anything different, insurance won't cover it, their reputations and 'credibility' may be compromised. And how does a doctor have time to research every little thing that comes up the pike that may prove helpful to someone sometime...I think that's where the power of the E-patient network is important and helpful.

Nonetheless, there has been incredible corruption and compromise of the medical establishment that developed particularly in the last decade or two. We need and have a right to discuss that if it's relevant to us. Doctors may have to be brave and actually listen to the true feelings, fears, and experiences of the population they serve and benefit from. I would applaud any who took the time and had the courage to respond.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (01-30-2009)