View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
I cannot vouch for L-Lysine and Chronic Fatigue, personally.

It is available as a powder (body builders use it alot) but I cannot vouch
its taste.
http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductDe...&pid=NOW-00240
THANK YOU!! I was beginning to wonder if I could dissolve the darned things in a glass of crystal lite - I will try it for my next dose and thank you for the link for the powder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd
I would consider looking at other things that boost immunity as well. Such as zinc and selenium.
And I just threw away all my zinc lozenges - the kind to -supposedly- elimate the nasty symptoms of the common cold!!! NEVER did away with my symptoms. Neither did Zicam (was that what is was called?)

But I'd rather use a pill anyway -- the lozenges (all except for one brand) were filled with GRITTY zinc stuff and irritated the heck out of my tender tonsils when the grit caught in them.

My Centrum Silver has 15mg of Zinc. 100%, they say. But I recognize those amounts are often lower than is needed. Who decides those amounts anyway?
Quote:
You have to be careful with selenium however...
http://dietary-supplements.info.nih....s/selenium.asp
It has a narrow therapeutic window, and can be toxic if overused.
200mcg is the typical upper limit (in people eating a typical diet).
I would not recommend more than 200mcg/day in a supplement.
Centrum Silver has only 20mg of selenium (which they indicate is a 29%-- and I eat poorly - scarcely a "good diet", so I will look into a supplement right away.
Quote:
I would also consider Googling immune support, and make sure you get
other nutrients for this...besides Lysine only.
"Immune Support" right away, you can be sure. Thank you SO MUCH. Since meeting you, I've added a lot of supplements - high omega fish oil, folic acid, vit B12 (sublingual), a Super B combo (with brewer's yeast & liver base), Calcium with Vit D, and bit of Magnesium. Maybe more, but that's all I can think of now.

I added lisinopril to my beta blocker/diuretic, take thyroid supplement, my Lamictal & Wellbutrin, and estrogen. This immune system weakening again is my only big problem right now - it limits my activites so dreadfully.
Quote:
Thank you for your help. I learn a lot from you. You keep on top of all these things.
Teri
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote