View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well here goes another week...

I loved the backsplash! don't worry...its pretty tough stuff and will not burn or be easily damaged. I looked at his website. He is incredible. Obviously found his path in life. I had a brother-in-law who went to Thunderbird and they are pretty much headed for the suit and tie district of the big cities of America and beyond. It's amazing that he found his way to this art which is at the opposite end of the spectrum. I learned how to work with clay and have made a few ceramic pieces in my day and its wonderful to see somebody really make a living doing that kind of work. I decided I was not cut out for the life of a starving artist and alas...took another path which spit me out (with a little disability policy to ease the pain) and am back to creating again. I regret all the years I could have been doing what I loved best, but did not seem practical. And now I'm back at it. I feel like a beginner and in many ways I am. I'm working with colored pencils now which is quite a different medium but I am very excited about the fact that I have the opportunity to work at something I love. I guess some of us just have to take the long road to where ever it is were going. Hope you all have a good week.
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote