View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I skimmed this issue in the past

I have not had any problems with cholesterol [knock wood] so I haven't read that much about the statin issues. If anyone else would like to read about statins and pd, here's a google search. Your post is there Madelyn.

http://www.google.com/search?parkinsonhl=en&q=fat+soluble+statins+and+%2 7s+disease&aq=f&oq=

Sounds to me like your husband did the smart thing by starting CoQ10; his doctor should not have been upset - Waiting for the trial and then risking getting the placebo, which could have worked as well as the real thing, thus ruining it for everyone and on and on.....the cycle of failure. ..... would have been unwise.

I think asking people if they were on statins before pd sounds like a good data collection idea for a possible subtype, as well as as one for trichloroethylene exposure. Toxins are blamed, but not named. There's a poem about it....lol

600 early stage pd on no meds yet. I wish them luck, would love to know who is getting paid for what. Seems like this one could have been done at home with online communications.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 01-27-2009 at 06:36 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote