Thread: Ssdi question
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLBEYMOORE View Post
I just applied on January 2, 2009 for SSDI. I am a 45yr old with diabetes mellitus with recently confirmed by EMG test to have severe diabetic neuropathy which is progressing to my upper extremities. I also have diabetic nephrology (high levels of protein in urine) and stage 2 kidney disease. I recieved a third party function report for a family member to fill out which he did and mailed back. Today I received a "Mental Exam" appointment from Kentucky disability determination services. It states they received my claim for evaluation of my disability they state they need additional information to complete the evaluation.
Is this normal? I did not indicate any mental disorders or depression on my ssdi application. Also it notes I must attend this appointment "before a decision can be made" does this mean after the exam I will get a decision in such a short time period? My doctors have written brief letters on my behalf and I gave them copies of the emg test results. Has anyone here been approved for diabetic neuropathy on the first time around? A friend said to me the mental exam is a sign the claim is going to get denied.
Colbey, I am new here--I just sent a rather long reply letting you know what to expect for the entire exam. I do not know if it was sent because it sent me back to long in--if not recieved let me know will repost---you will want to read before exam.

cheers!!!!!!

flyaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flyaway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote