View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there; I know your'e feeling very nervous about the SS meeting - I too was almost sick with the thought I would do something to blow it. The lady that took the information from us was very nice and patient. Luckily I had my husband go with me as I was worried I would forget information with all the drugs I take! I applied in late August 08 - and just got awarded with payments to start in March - thank goodness! I was totally blown away I was accepted - was all ready with what I was going to do when I received the denial letter. I think what really helped is that I had ALL my dr records with me (about 4" thick) - even included my PT notes I requested from the therepist. I also had downloaded the RFC form (Residual Functional Capacity Form) and had my pain management dr fill it out in advance so I could hand it in at the same time with my dr records.. I know most people wait until SS requests this from a dr, but I figured it couldn't have hurt. It was about 5 pages, and my dr was good enough to go thru each page with me and fill it out right then in the appt. I hope everything goes good for you - just remember to breath! Be very honest on the form and in conversation with the person about what you can and CANNOT do, your pain, etc. I'll be keeping my figers crossed for you! Be sure and let us know how it went.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
llrn7470 (01-27-2009)