View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

My big boy is home!!!

First, thank you ALL of you for your support and prayers and positive thoughts!

He is SOOOOOOOO happy to be home. On the way home from doc's, I had his carrier in the front passenger seat. (He has to use Bruna's carrier, he's too big for cat carriers.) I put my fingers through the door and he rubbed and rubbed and purred and meowed! I laid down with him on the floor when I got home, and he was grunting, groaning, mewing, purring and held my head with both of his paws. LOL!

His poor tummy. As I said, it's stem to stern and I have no clue yet how many staples are holding it shut. I'm supposed to check that closely each day. He goes back on Friday for blood test, etc. He takes 2 antibiotic pills per day and will for the next 3 weeks. His staples come out in 10-14 days. They gave him another pain shot before we left. Something they give after surgery. I don't know how a pain shot lasts for several days, but I guess this does.

((Mrs. D)) no he doesn't have any tubes.

He's not to have ANY dry food until doc says it's okay. He sure doesn't like the Science Diet AD prescription food, sigh. But he will when he discovers I'm giving him nothing else! They said this is temporary but for now he needs this kind of food.

Of course, his 'siblings' have all had to investigate him.

The actual surgery came to $514.50. Now compare that to the vet college which said minimum $2000.
And as I said, he's a wonderful old vet who lets his clients make reasonable payments when they need to. I don't know WHAT I'll do when he retires! He's a gem. Unfortunately, they don't do spinal surgeries or we'd have taken Otto to him as well.

They also were concerned about the story of Otto and sent home a bottle of a particular liquid B vitamin to give to my daughter for him. They said to give Otto a teaspoon twice a day on his food.

Anyway, my gentle giant is home and very happy to be here!!!

Much love to you all for your kindness and support!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-27-2009), just drea (01-27-2009), mrsD (01-28-2009), Nik-key (01-27-2009)