View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hummm, the guy you work for?

I take it he's kind of a 'know it all'? But, not really much of anything......
I hope you can find an active Sjorgen's group, I KNOW there is one out there and I know from reading Silverlady's experiences and having met in my neighborhood one so afflicted that it's miserable stuff. I truly do hope that isn't YOUR case tho.
Upon Silverlady's suggestions [Billye] Ive been using the Biotene Oral Balance LIQUID..more like a lotion/glop stuff. I keep a bottle of the spray next to my bed for the wake-up-in-the-nite with GLUE mouth situations tho.... It has helped keep my teeth healthier I think... My cavitiy and crown costs have dropped DRAMATICALLY due to this stuff. I mention it to the dental techs and they always go 'We always tell everyone about it!' HUH? Not one dental person has ever told me to use this stuff...ever. DUH.
Know too that the meds we take can do a number on our teeth. Pain meds and Neurotin, Lyrica or other seizure and anti-depressants do sap a lot of that calcium from you! Not to mention that your body isn't running on all four cylinders well anyhow? Mrs D's advice about taking calciums with Vit D, and Magnesiums are really key to keeping the tooth drill at bay.
Welcome to supplement CITY!
As for this being genetic? There isn't a lot of research done w/all of this, just as there's not been with a heap of neuropathy issues. Unless it's clearly diabetic, stroke or cancer induced there isn't a heap of research going on, nor will there be - those squeaky wheels get the grease. We benefit as an afterthought.
As for cheaper than testing? Again, DUH? And also WHA? Wouldn't testing be cheaper than a lifetime of inadequate meds and the side-effects they bring?
Maybe I can win the BIG lottery and make a difference - one can always hope. Hugs and hope to you good person! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote