View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb brief situational psychosis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
Thanks Teri. I think a lot of my paranoia stems from anxiety and fear .I would say from what you have written that what i experience is paranoid ideation.
Hi Tim --- I fully AGREE. No doubt. That is all it is.

Quote:
I know that i can become irrational/confused/rant and rave when i feel highly stressed or threatened but whether that would be called 'psychotic ideation' i am not sure.
Well, it is true that with certain personality disorders (the ones that the DSM-IV groups under what is called the Cluster Bs), Brief Reactive Situational Psychotic Reaction can occur under extreme stress. I've heard of the ones that happened when the man was when threatened, but I hadn't realized they might not have been under conscious control.. He had told me it was "acting crazy to cause them to learn to back off and never mess with me again." But maybe he just "said that"

But no matter how it is for you, what you describe does not mean you are "Psychotic" or that you "Have a Psychosis". It is a brief reactive situational psychosis.

People with true psychotic conditions don't just get over them within a few hours or days... It is a secondary effect of your personality disorder.

By the way - MOST people have what is called a Mixed or Unspecified PD. So don't feel like you're being short-changed by not having a particular label. Actually, the ICD-M that the rest of the world uses places a lot more PDs under that unspecified classification. You see, the labeling is really an artificial thing to 1) make insurance companies happy (they like labels) and 2) so they have a "shorthand" to indicate to other docs what they THINK they observed and found at the particular time they were dealing with the patient.

But frankly, it is more common than is generally recognized or admitted that the face of PDs can be very fluid.

- Teri

SOME GOOGLE RESULTS:

First psychotic episodes among Israeli youth during military ...

... diagnosis: schizophreniform disorder, brief reactive psychotic episode, schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, or atypical psychosis. ...
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3912/is_200003/ai_n8896561 - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease - Fulltext: Volume 184(2 ...

The symptoms would indicate a schizoaffective type of illness or brief reactive psychotic episode; hence there was a quick response to medication in all ...
www.jonmd.com/pt/re/jnmd/fulltext.00005053-199602000-00013.htm - Similar pages

Cult Education Forum :: View topic - Left Cult and put on Anti ...
Post Posted: 02-17-2006 12:53 PM Post subject: Reactive Psychotic episode induced by Berkely Psychic Inst.? Reply with quote ...
forum.rickross.com/viewtopic.php?t=1854&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=15&sid=a281a39a1c6... - 74k - Cached - Similar pages[PDF]

Pediatric Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: probable transmission by a ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
reactive psychotic episode in response to hospital confinement. Ini-. tial EEG showed marked bilateral slowing of cerebral activity. CSF ...
www.springerlink.com/index/KRL821P23K504411.pdf - Similar pages
[PDF]

United States Court of Appeals

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
depression coupled with a reactive psychotic episode at the time of the shooting. ... suffered a reactive psychotic episode shortly before the shooting. ...
caselaw.findlaw.com/data2/circs/8th/013990P.pdf - Similar pages

Stranger's Fever: The Scrotum in the Corporate Box

Doctor Bill is excellent - energetic, knowledgeable, committed, caring, and well on his way to a reactive psychotic episode if he keeps on like this. ...
strangersfever.blogspot.com/2005/03/scrotum-in-corporate-box.html - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Search the Opinions of the US Circuit Courts

Testified that Hook was suffering from major depression coupled with a reactive psychotic episode at the time of the shooting. ...
www.law.cornell.edu/usca/search/index.html?query=%20AND%20%20AND%20Doyle&scope=all - 791k - Cached - Similar pages

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 12-03-2006 at 09:32 PM.