View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Nope. No plastic. He was only cutting some 2x6 boards, but just doing several pieces of that is enough to get tons of dust all over.

He did vacuum up his mess, but he used a shop vac that he uses to do chimney sweeps. So, when he was using the vacuum hose to break up a few bits of sawdust that was stuck to the floor (he'd walked in and out of the house with snow on his shoes, and the sawdust got wet) he rubbed the carpet with the vacuum hose, and now there's gray streaks of stuff on the WHITE carpeting of my basement.

I ruined my vacuum going over the floor again after he left, and my vacuum made some of the gray streaks of dirt a little lighter, but still...my floor is all icky now!! And my vacuum is not very happy with me right now. (it has a dirt sensor, and the dirt sensor wont turn off now, so I think I either burned it out, or it's clogged or something)

I'm calling the guy who steam cleans our carpeting every year. But it's so cold that we might not get the carpeting cleaned right away. Takes forever to dry when it's cold.

I'd almost rather get new carpeting. (we really need new carpet upstairs, didnt need it so much downstairs until last night)

Oh, and today, we're getting the tile put in on our fireplace. This guy better do his tile cutting outside. Why? Because the tile is black with streaks of white marble running thru it. If he tries to cut it in here, he's going to get black marble dust all over everything. I dont care if it's cold outside, or if the patio is covered in snow and ice. I do not want another mess in my house.

They were supposed to do this a month ago...and it was warmer and there was no snow on the ground then. They cancelled that appointment and now they're doing this during a really cold and a bit snowy week. I dont care if I'm being a bit....witchy...about this, they can do their cutting outside from now on.

My dad had a problem with all that dust in the house last night. He has asthma, and was not very comfortable at all last night. I'm using his and my mom's asthma as the reason today for them to stay outside for any cutting and sawing of anything.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote