View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Sounds like my sister.

She lives in NY State right now. She called us last night to tell us her pilot light was off. She doesnt know how to turn it back on. She sent the kids to her mom-in-law's house.

I dont know why my dad didnt offer to pay for a hotel room for her. I dont have any money, otherwise I would have offered to pay. She and the b-in-law were probably pretty cold last night.

She would have gone to the in-law's with the kids, but her sister-in-law is nuts and hates my sister (doesnt mind the kids tho) so my sister was cold last night. (I personally would have told the sis-in-law to go screw herself)

I might have to insist to my dad that he pay for a hotel for my sister if her heat isnt fixed today. I'm hoping she calls in a bit to tell us if she's gotten it fixed yet. My dad is a bit dense at times, so I might have to really push him to pay for a room for them, or I might tell my sister to ask him to pay for a room. I dont always get along with my sister (ok, I never do) but I dont like the thought of them being cold. Plus, I think the part of NY State that they live in might be getting dumped on for snow.

I'm wondering if my sister is going to push for moving to a more southern state soon. I think my dad would like it if they were closer to us.

Anyone else think that Al Gore is a whackjob for saying that global warming is happening??? We've gotten a ton of snow here too, and it's been colder than usual. I dont mind the snow so much as I mind the cold. (cant wait till the new gas fireplace is working)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-28-2009), Dejibo (01-29-2009), FranksAngel (01-28-2009), SallyC (01-28-2009)