View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djheadley View Post
I just found this forum tonight and boy, do I need help. I got RSD in 1992 after tripping over a step in a sidewalk. Luckily I was diagnosed in a few weeks and was even in remission for about 6 months, then fell in my yard and activated it again. My primary RSD site is my left ankle and foot but about 1 1/2 weeks ago I tripped going up the steps from my porch (I guess I'm really graceful ).

Anyway, I cracked a toe on my right foot and now I'm getting RSD symptoms there. My new Dr. know a lot about RSD and she said to keep her informed about what is happening.

I guess I'm just going into depression (more than usual) because I know what is going on.

I'm glad I found y'all.

djheadley
Welcome!!! I, too, am so glad you found us.....but am sorry for you that you need us. This is an awesome forum with many knowledgeable, caring people. I think you'll find that you have found a second family here....we're all related in the aspect that we are familiar with the pain, fear, suffering, and depression of having an incurable disease.

I am glad that your doctor seems to know about RSD. So many of them out there have never even heard of it, much less treated it. Are you currently on any meds that are helping to calm down the sympathetic nervous system or for pain???

I, too, am very accident prone. I've fallen down my stairs more times than I can count and slipped in the tub last spring and broke some ribs. Go figure that none of those accidents caused my RSD......it was "simple" ankle surgery I had in December. My RSD has already spread to my other foot (in less than two months) despite no additional injury, so it can spread on its own without any precipitating factor.

I have found a WEALTH of information on this forum and respect the member's personal experiences living with RSD as much as the other information I have found on the internet. I think both have their place in my decisions on how to proceed with my treatment.

Under the top section, you'll find a "new thread" button. You can post a new thread asking any question you may have or "search" the forum for any topic you might be curious about that have already been posted. We are all here for you and welcome your questions, concerns, and input!! Please take care!!! Hope to hear from you soon!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (07-09-2009), loretta jewell (02-01-2009)