View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Follow up angiogram..

So i met with a neuro interventional radiologist today at the request of my neurologist. I haven't had a follow up angiogram since the coiling in 2005 so I'm due. He told that he wanted to take a look at all all 4 major arteries going to the brain including the coiled left carotid. He said that by doing so he could see if I had any current or potential problems. That sounded great right up until he told me that there is a 1 in 300 chance of having a stroke during the procedure. Wow! now that scares the hell out of me. I know that i should have it done to make sure there are no problems, but that 1 in 300 is looming over my head. He then told me that its more like 1 in 2000 because of the way they do the procedure, but that still doesn't help but my nerves at ease seeing that he wants to poke around all four arteries...

So, I don't know. I put it on hold for right now and opted to have another MRA/MRI done for right now until I was ready for the angiogram. Ugggghhhhh.. I don't know what to do. Does the benifit out way the risk?

I need advice.. Please...
BAlive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote