View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I can understand the liquid diet considering the bowel surgery.
Doody, You might have to get a syringe too, just to make sure Chewie is taking in enough water. I wasn't sure exactly what the AD prescription stuff looks like so looked it up. It's can. I was hoping it was actually a biscuit because then it could have been mixed in water until it was a mush. I find it a bit confusing they told you to use only liquid when they were giving a canned food.

Anyway, make sure you get water into him. You can use a syringe and put it in the mouth on the side of the mouth between the back teeth and just go slowly and Chewie will swallow. Same with liquid food. I guess if you have a blender, you could try blending up chicken and rice and water for the moment. That's if he likes chicken. It's not a CLEAR liquid of course. The vet didn't say 'clear', they said liquid, so that should be ok. blender or a moulie (?sp) one of those little hand held gadgets. I used to make baby food with one. "A device for straining seeds or skins from fruit or vegetable purees or mixtures. Usually has a range of screens with different sized holes or slots. Sometimes known as a mouli."

Yikes, typing so fast... running out of time.

Thinking of you!!!
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (01-28-2009)