View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Hope 15 - ask your doc about increasing your gabapentin. That might help. I tried gabapentin but changed to Lyrica and am having more relief from pain. I also take amityrptilene at bedtime with tramadal for breakthrough pain. As far as flares, mine got worse when I had alot of sugar so I stopped that. Also, I used to like a cocktail every now and again. Alcohol bothers me also. However, my biggest offender seems to be work. When I have a very hectic day a work all heck breaks loose with my feet/legs/hands/arms.

How long have you had neuropathy? Hang in there!
Thanks Leslie. My neuropathy came on in full force around the first of November last year, so I have only been dealing with it for about three months. It first started in my upper back, then down one strip of my left leg. I then felt terrible burning in both legs, from knee to ankles only. I went to the neurologist, who took one set of blood tests and did the MRI on my lower spine and said everything was alright in those tests and gave me the gabapentin. I found him most difficult to talk to, so I left him and have been waiting for a second opinion from a university hospital, which will happen next week. My neuropathy spread almost around my entire body in only six weeks after the onset. I have it all over. Surprisingly, I am only having a little of it in my feet, at least for now. I currently have no weakness or numbness now, but it is early, I know...

Though I am new to neuropathy, this is my third major pain and or torturous health condition. I agree about the gabapentin, a raise in mg, or new med is definitely called for...
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote