View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakatak View Post
Neuropathy is a roller coaster and it is sooooo frustrating. Sometimes it is so hard to pin point what causes a flair up. But I do know that ice cream does me in big time! I also find, that if I have more than two diet sodas in a day...or as we say in the midwest "pop".....it also appears to play havoc with my feet. I've found Lyrica to work better than neurontin. The only real problem that I have with Lyrica, is the sex life is totally in the toilet! Zero sex drive! I really feel for my wife, but, until they come up with another med that doesn't add 20 pounds to your weight and zap intimacy...I will stay with Lyrica.
jakatak, sounds like you and MrsD have given something for me to think about when it comes to certain foods, so I will have to be on the watch out. I have also heard so many people are getting relief from the Lyrica, but I do worry a lot about the weight gain if I ever have to go on it. Is it because it raises the appetite, or it just adds weight on its own? God, I so want pain relief that I may try anything even though gaining wight is the last thing I need with high blood pressure. The loss of sex drive, is that with women too?
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote