View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Maybe a Mitochondrial Disorder

Dear Hurtsobad73,

Your post is interesting. I have 2 boys; a 3yo and 1yo. The 3yo has regressive autism, which started at 18mos after vaccination. The 1yo is unvaccinated and is developing normally. I notice that THEY BOTH "BRUISE" ALL THE TIME FOR NO APPARENT REASON. It sounds very much like what you're describing.

Oddly enough, in their routine activities they have shown NO propensity to "bruise easily". They can bump into the coffee table, fall outside on some rocks, etc., and they DO NOT really bruise much. However, they do show what looks like "bruising" in locations where they have NOT bumped into anything. Various places up and down the inside and back of their legs and their back, etc.

These bruises appear on their legs, arms and torso with no associated abrasion, scrape, etc. In other words, these things that look like "bruises" seem to form without any corresponding impact injury, and where there IS an impact injury they do not actually bruise very much.

Also, these "bruises" are not tender to the touch. They do not seem to feel pain if you push on the "bruises." But on a real bruise they get from falling or bumping into things, they do feel pain.

I'm guessing that their "bruising" is not really bruising. I think it's probably a metabolic disorder, like perhaps a mitochondrial disorder.

It sounds like your "bruises" also don't necessarily correspond to an impact injury. Judging from your CFS / autoimmune type conditions, I wonder if you have a similar (undiagnosed) metabolic disorder. It doesn't sound like you are prone to bruising easily -- you just spontaneously develop bruises in locations that make no sense. Right?

BTW, I developed CFS, chronic sinusitis, IBS and other symptoms after returning from Iraq in 2003 -- but I think the cause was the Anthrax shots, combined with Yellow Fever, Meningococcal, etc. I don't show the "bruises", but I suspect that I probably have some type of metabolic / mitochondrial disorder too. The shots may have been the environmental trigger.

Thanks for reading. You can contact me {email removed} if you want to respond. I will pray for your health to be restored -- CFS sucks! Hang in there!

Very best regards,
-Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtsobad73 View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts about why people bruise so easily. I have Fibro/CFS, IBS, RLS, PLMD, Lordosis, Chronic Pain, Chronic Sinusitis. I am on several medications, but haven't changed any recently. The only thing I noticed is that when I go on walks, later on I notice several bruises on my arms, legs and even my stomach area. Do you think this could be possible.

I asked my doctor and he said my platelet count is fine. He didn't find anything that could be wrong. He didn't seem concerned, but I am.

If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions/ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

M
Bob S. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote