View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
What I have been doing is I open the capsule/s and put all the contents in applesauce, or pudding on a tablespoon. I thought the capsule took too long to dissolve. This is just what I do.

It is a pain in the neck opening them and not be spilling any. But I think I get more pure drug that way faster.

I have to ask my doctor if it is okay? I just did it on my own, because pills get stuck when I swallow.

Lady, I think it's fine because my doctor told me to open the capsules and put them into water. This was suggested to help me titrate up to a higher dose without going all the way to 4.5 at one time. He suggested opening a 3.0 and a 1.5 and putting them into 3 oz. of water and drinking only about 3/4 of it. That way I'd get approximately 3.75 mg. I would think that putting the capsule contents into any kind of easily swallowed food would be fine.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (02-03-2009), SallyC (01-29-2009)