View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
My Neurosurgeon has only ever requested a CT Angiogram for me - not the traditional type because I have a bleeding disorder that would be too difficult to manage if something went wrong - and why my annie was clipped not coiled.

This is risk free - they just use a contrast dye and do a CT to see the blood vessels. The only good thing I can think of with a conventional angiogram in this case, though, is that if your annie needs more coils added, then they can do it while they are there.

I was told that if my aneurysm had been coiled, I would have to have regular angios in case the coils compacted and needed 'refilling'.

Up to you, but it may be worth having a CTA or MRA instead, and getting the angiogram later if required.

Cheers

Lyn
Yes, i've been researching alternatives like the CTA and the DSA. I don't think I have any immediate problems with the coils in the left carotid but I've been having pain and stuff on the right side of my head recently around my right eye, thats what has been worrying me the most. So I'm gonna follow up with my neuro and see what he thinks and then go from there..
BAlive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote