View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
All the best to you for the surgery. Sounds awfully extensive. I hope it goes well for you.

Just a short note about the raised lymph nodes below the ears and also in the back of the neck... where I live it's actually very common to see this in medical practice especially in very young children who play outside barefoot. Strange as it sounds.

I'm very careful about how much Ibuprofen I take these days. It's about the only OTC product that seems to really work for me, but some of the side-effects I've learned about in recent years have really made me evaluate taking it at all.

I nursed a young woman for a while who had tetanus. That was a very long time ago in early '70's. It was just tragic. I'm so glad you were able to survive.

Regarding the bone loss. There are other supplements you could be taking to help with that. I'm no expert on Vitamin therapies, apart from what I've taken myself or my children have taken, but I hope you're taking calcium with that magnesium in correct proportions and Vit D as well.

Rest up.
Thank you so much for writing. I forgot that I changed my settings to one notification a week, so I was thinking no one had written anything.

Tonight the notice came.

You know, I don't think the lumps/bumps on my neck are related to lymph nodes, but I may be wrong.

They seem more like zits, sort of large zits that don't really come to a head.

If I put a cotton ball soaked in alcohol on them, they tend to reduce in size.

Also, if I take quite a lot of vitamin C they seem to go away. But any stress, and they are right back.

I want to immediately discount that walking barefoot could have any bad effects... because my Polish grandfather always said that walking barefoot in the grass after a rain would insure never getting ... darn it, wouldn't you know I'd forget... it was arthritis... or rhumatism... In any case, I've tried to walk barefoot in the grass whenever possible after rain.

But... despite my attachment to my grandfather's belief, I can understand that walking barefoot can be an invitation to problems. So I appreciate your observations. Thank you.

In relation to things that might attack us through the skin of our feet, I suspect that some people are more vulnerable than others. I think that because I've noticed that since I've been having B12 replacement and taking other supplements, that mosquitos seldom bite me. There were a few in the house for ... gosh ... months, and they didn't bite me. Years ago, I was always the first to be bitten. Once at a party in Nambe there were a lot of mosquitos and several of us were being eaten alive, so to speak, while others weren't bothered.

Now, in view of my experience with B12 and other supplements, I think that those people who weren't bothered were the most healthy and least deficient in any vitamin.

The bumps, I think, are related to the infection. It's almost as if some of the infection is coming out that way. I think that's why the vitamin C reduces them. (I also think that's why I've continued to have faint red lines on one of my thumbs, under the nail, and on my left ring finger. The lines were quite pronounced when I was very sick with tetanus; after the Metronidazol they went nearly away, but not entirely. I was wondering why that was. Now, I think it's because of the infection under my gum, around the dental implant.)

Wow, you took care of someone with tetanus? Intense. A young woman wrote to me recently who also had exposure to hydrogen sulfide prior to getting tetanus. She, luckily, advised me to do a liver cleanse. I was surprised at how cement-like my mind became after I began taking Milk Thistle; my surprise was dispite the fact she'd warned me that symptoms might come back as toxins were released.

Tetanus is quite nasty. As long as I remained still and took a lot of Ibuprofen, it wasn't so bad... but I kept thinking I'd be fine in no time... Now, it's over two years later and I can hardly do anything because my muscles still get tight and if I try to ignore them the ones around my abdomen begin moving ... it is a very disconcerting feeling.

I'm curious, have you tried serrapeptase at all, for pain? My friend wrote me about it and I was testing it out when I ate some Chia seeds and had a bad reaction that caused me not to be able to stay on the serrapeptase schedule. One isn't supposed to eat for three hours before taking it, or one hour after... which can get a bit complicated if you're taking it three times a day.

What I think has made a lot of difference for me, is taking the Whey protein powder with all the amino acids in it. I'm pretty sure that it's helped my nerves heal. I say this because I've noticed that I'm not getting the intense pain in my thoracic diaphragm the way I used to. Before if there was stress or I did a tad too much, I'd get this shockingly bad pain in my thoracic diaphragm.

Just today I was thinking how it's been at least a month since I had that pain, which is vastly unusual because there's been a lot of stress, so ordinarily I'd have been having it and taking lots of Ibuprofen.

Also, I used to feel so starving ... and lots of things that I might eat would not decrease the feeling at all. Now, after a month of taking the amino acid powder (despite the fact it's a bit bitter... though cinnamon seems to take that away... I have it in my coffee with a lot of creamer) I haven't been getting that feeling, which is a huge relief.

Well, thank you sooooo very much for writing.

Last edited by ConsiderThis; 12-04-2006 at 04:10 AM.
ConsiderThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote