Thread: gummy vitamins
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default R-Lipoic Acid...too Stimulating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruegger84 View Post
So I just noticed in the store today how they are now selling gummy vitamins. I saw coq10 and vitamin b12. Although these gummy type vitamins come in small dosages, 50 mg for the coq10 and 250 mcg for the vitamin b12, it says take one gummy vitamin a day. and when you look at the back of the package it says a specific warning take only as directed, do not exceed suggested dosage. I'm assuming this directive was made so that some guy wouldn't overly enjoy the vitamins and get carried away.

But as we all know with vitamin b12, the using of them is to put into terms "loose" in other words up to 5000 mcg. I have once in my days taken two 1000 mcg jarrow tablets, and i was wondering if there was anything wrong with that?

Just as in coq10, regularly the packages come in 100mg, 200mg, 300mg, 400mg. But the 100mg would suggest 1-2 capsules daily, when the dosages can be up to 400mg.
Hello there from UK....Your "gummy" comments caught my eye, as I've been hunting through online Supps pages, last 2 weeks, Mainly CoQ10 and Ubiquinol and seen loads of these in Softgels (if this is the same thing) and having to guess as to what Dosage is appropriate to try when starting either Ubiquinol or CoQ10.., particularly Ubiquinol,[B] for the first time[/B].......is 400mg a recommended upper limit?

Thanks for your list of Supplements/Vits. as well as the observations and comments... and re. one in particular....R-Lipoic acid....I'm about to order a short-list of Supps, inc R-Lipoic, to try them, as suggested in "Neuropathy does improve" as posted by Liza Jane and Wing42's 3-part"A program to heal nerve damage and reduce PN Symptoms".......

I'm very fortunate not to require pain-reduction meds, in fact not currently using Meds of any kind, though struggling hard with progressive Feet,legs,arm/hands/finger numbness that is worsening....and balance like a drunk!..... (Idiopathic PN 1.5yrs)...

So....... I'm focused on following up clues of every kind, in trying to find a way to reduce Numbness, or someone who'll post, who's maybe found a way to reduce it......

And, so.....I'm about to try the "Supps to heal PN symptoms" experimental route (as in above mentioned Posts)...and....I was interested to read your "R--Lipoic acid, too stimulating" comment....was it mentally/physically uncomfortable...or affecting energy levels, maybe?...I'm interested as I have it on my list of Supps to obtain...and had'nt heard or read anything about it having any unexpected effects, only that R-Lipoic was more effective, as a Supplement, compared with regular Lipoic Acid........would be useful to know what to expect in the event that it had this over-stimulating effect,
thanks.....
armac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bruegger84 (02-04-2009)