Thread: Post ETV issues
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Etv

I had an ETV procedure in December 2002 when I was 13 years old. I had a VP shunt since I was a little baby and had problem as soon as I hit puberty when I was 9 years old.

I have had five ETV procedure because of scar tissue accumulation. But seven procedures since I had my VP shunt removed in 2002. Now in 2009, my last procedure was done on August 4th 2008 because of scar tissue surrounding the third and fourth ventricle where my neurosurgeon made several burr holes.

Since then I continue to have headaches spreadically throughout the week with no apparent reason.

I think you have to weigh your options. Also know your medical history because I can no longer have a VP shunt because of pseudocyst in my abdomen. The only options for me is to continue with the ETV procedure to clear out scar tissue or two VA shunts connected in the third and forth ventricles.

One crazy symptom I have is when I lay down flat I get lightheaded. My neurosurgeon said he rewired the CSF to flow just about anywhere so it would not get clogged up again.

Hblank89
hblank89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote