View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default personal experience!

Ron,

My husband quit taking the curcumin...I did not know this. After I ordered our last round (4 huge bottles, since I got free shipping and I thought he was taking them!) I read one of your posts heralding curcumin yet again, so I took some myself, as a preventative measure, and just one 500mg capsule with food. I had quite the bellyache later, followed by a horrendous headache that lasted for hours. I rarely get headaches, and even more rare for me, bellyaches. I told my husband about this and he said, "oh yeah, it makes me sick to my stomache too, that's why I quit taking it" which I had not known.

Since we have never really eaten curcumin before, perhaps the whopper 500mg dose set me off. We may try to integrate it into our food, in a much smaller amount. I realize it won't have the great benefits as it would have in a much higher dose, but better than nothing. It apparently does not affect many people in this way, since I have not read about stomach aches being associated with a large intake of the stuff.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote