View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default So Sorry

Ada,
I am so sorry to hear of Bill's passing, you must feel so lost. What about family, are any nearby for you? I know as we are all gettting older on the forum we see our kids leave the nest, grandchildren come along and now the passing of our mates and friends. It is so sad as we age.
I can understand how the nights are worse and wish I knew something that could help.

Maybe if you use to have a cup of tea together, you still keep that tradition going and always keep Bill close.

You said you have another surgery coming up on Thursday. Will someone be with you? If you can see if a home health nurse could vist a few days for you.

I will looks for some links for yoou too about acid reflux.
I found the post about chest pain, but you seem to think a lot is gerd.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ght=chest+pain
The thing that pops to my mind is the 24 hour PH test, Bravo I think they call the new one, it is a probe they place in the stomach for 24 hours to read PH. But, that only tells you yes it is the gerd and not a heart problem (after rulling out heart problems).

But, that is locating the problem, not really treating it. Facing surgery, I would hope you could try treating it. Is there a way to continue on the Previcide now? De is using Ranadine I think it is called, a generic....

IF the medical plan will not cover, can you contact the makers of Previcide. Pick up samples too.
But, still think about the long term....if it is only a medication and not an a medical problem like the gall bladder, switching med's and brands may help. Especially to isolate it it is one of them, or which ones.

Many medications gave De a slow dump, when she was on Oxycotin and Methadone was the worse for her. Also, the medications, caused the gerd, she was down 80 lbs and the doctor still would not believe it was the methadone. He ran a clinic for the area addicts for the ehalth care system and thought he knew it all!
The duregesic patches being transdermal, not by mouth was the only was to resolve it. By switching doctors and getting the patches back avoided surgery and she was no longer mal-nurished. The blood work was very scary, so much reflux she ended up mal-nurished. They thought that blood producted was needed.

Previously, her date with the surgeon was being set for a gall bladder out and procedure for a hot dog wrap of the stomach for the gerd. By stopping both of those medications she is fine. She does like you say, if the medications are not coated have trouble.

They dissolve too soon in the digestive and really cause horrid gerd. Just by identfying the problem avoided the knife.
She has to ask for brand for the w/c related medications and this avoids a lot of problems. When we were in Orlando they refilled generic soma and she had the heart burn start up, at home we had the brand and then she was fine.

Methadone is a decent pain mangement tool, generally very good, it is inexpensive and long, long half life. Suboxen is being used too....

For De the doctor did not monitor her blood work and she ended up in liver failure last year. She had a slow dump from the gall bladder, slowed from narcotic, the bile duct became blocked and inflamed, things back into or going into the liver next, and she was a yellow mess in the hospital for a week. Lost the chance for the Morphine pump at the time as it was the same day as test implant she was admitted.

So, I guess a lot with chest pain is making sure, is it the heart, is it the gall bladder, is it gerd, (both) or can it be a hyper intercoastal nerve going into the chest from the armpit. This is the pain that one thinks they are having a heart attack.
Also, if avoiding the medications that are causing the issue avoid another surgery or pill?

Ada, I just brain stormed some thoughts, I hope you do feel better pyshically wise, and send along some very huge cyber hugs for your loss.
Post as you can Ada, or email, when you feel up to it, I want to make sure you are OK.
Love
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote