View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Spinal cord stimulator feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy-h View Post
Hi folks;

Well, in a couple of days, I will have a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted to control the incredible pain I get from my neuropathy (idiopathic).

My test was very positive and I'm hoping that this will be the solution for 10 years of horrible pain. Just wondering if anyone else has had this done for pain? Any feedback?

Nancy-H
hello folks,

Well where do i begin...I to have had the SCS implant about 3 yrs ago. The Dr. told me it was my last option. So I went through 2 trails. the first one had complications, the second one gave some relief. So I went ahead with the permanent implant. Unfortunately, within a few weeks I was in the Drs. with major complaints. The rep from the SCS company tried to make computer none surgical adjustments so that the stimulation could reach the right areas. It was reach all the wrong areas. Well I met with multliple reps 8 times within 3 months and all they(Dr.too) would say was to go home and try the programed settings on my own. So I did what they told me to do.Things became worse! I started getting debilitating external and internal burning and pain down both of my legs, and back. Weakness in both legs. The Dr. scheduled a surgical adjustment for the leads. By the time of that surgery he was doing a emergency removal because my legs gave out. I have been in a wheelchair ever since and can not walk. Still experiencing horrific pain. You see I was walking before the implant!
dajo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote