View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 05:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nerve repair supplements

Hello,

I read in one of the and it was stated that nerves can repair or that neuropathy can get better.

Well, I have just had a 2 level Anterior Cervical Foraminotomy to take the pressure off of my Peripheral Nerves from c5-c7, which was causing arm pain and numbness, left side index finger and thumb, also muscle weakness. I have been told that it takes along time for the nerves to heal, depending on how long the nerves were compressed and how much damage there is to the nerve itself. I have not had a emg study to determine that level of damage, I do not know if an emg would tell me that information or not. My nerves were compressed for about 18 months before I had surgery on Dec 2, 2008. It has been to months and I have not had any improvement in my symptoms. But I am hopeful and so is my Doc. The compression of the nerves was very evident on my MRI and CAT scan, therefore the surgery was necessary. Now that the pressure is off of the nerves I would like to do what every I could to help the nerves to heal.

Could you tell me what supplements I could take to help with this recovery of nerve damage?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ............Apbart
apbart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
armac (01-31-2009)