Thread: gummy vitamins
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Not everyone--

on Lipoic acid experiences these "revved-up" symptoms, but enough do that I suspect it may have somoething to do with the change caused by its insulin normalizing properties; for people who are prone, for whatever reasons, to wild swings in blood sugar, and the "ups and downs" in energy those tend to produce, havign a more steady blood sugar level might be interpreted as a feeling of revved-upness or agitation.

And, many such people are already taking B-vitamin supplements, which are also associated with feelings of increased energy, so this effect may be additive. I know I notice it when I'm tkaing 5000mcg/day of B12, as, say, compared with 1000mcg/day.

The usual conversion given for effectiveness of R-lipoic vs. alpha Lipoic is roughly 10 to 1--50mg R-lipoic is roughly equivalent to 500mg of Alpha. So if one is taking 100mg R-lipoic, that's a pretty big dose. I went down from 100mg R-lipoic/day to 50 without noticing a difference--a bit less expensive that way (though I wonder if it may be having an effect on my insulin profile during the day).
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
armac (01-30-2009)