Thread: Attn: Vicc
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicc, you are a very intelligent man, and one with a degree in social work. I'm sure it's a "no brainer" to you also that if you can find a reason for your deteriorating weight loss, then you will also, more than likely, gain some of your strength back. And, it's also a "no brainer" that the way to go about tackling several issues at once is to take them one at a time. So...focusing just on the weight loss:

What has your doctor said about your weight loss?

What have YOU done about your weight loss?

Is your weight loss because you aren't eating more calories than you need to maintain your current weight?

Is your weight loss because of a medication you are taking?

As for your depression...again, being a social worker, you know why you are depressed. And you also know that people with depression cannot just "snap out of it." You know you have ptsd, and you also know you have an abusive wife that you are not willing to leave. You also know that I run a website (in my signature line) that if you go to, has a section on "domestic abuse" with some very good articles and websites. There are also other resources all over the web. You also know, being a social worker, that you "fit" into the classic "victim" category for domestic abuse. You also know why you stay. perhaps there is the hope that things will change, perhap you remember how she "used" to be, whatever. You have the degree, and most likely you studied this issue in your quest for that degree.

Additionally, "doctors make their own worst patients" and being so, so do social workers and/or counselors. You need to get your OWN counselor...someone to help you work thru these issues in your own mind. Let me ask you....

If you, as a social worker, had a client come in who was saying the things you are saying, what would you advise him or her to do? What treatment plan would you give him or her? And, the big question:

Why are YOU not as important as that patient?

I thought about this all weekend, and wondered what your answer to that would be, so could you answer it for me, so I don't have to "guess" anymore?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote