View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezbut View Post
Tommy,

It does suck. Unfortunately, it takes a very long time for the brain to recuperate. From a year to years - survivors slowly regain strength and acceptance. You being a boxer is not good at all for recovery. You may completely receover. A big negative is the fact that those with TBI's are likely to get more TBI's. We get clumsy and often fall. While the first one or two head injuries may seem relatively minimal, they do have a marked effect.

I hope that you do feel better soon! No nausea, panic, and dizziness: it's no fun! Be good to yourself...don't get back into the ring. Have you checked that magazine, written by doctors, called Neurology Now? It's free. You can check them out online, and read past articles. One article regarding recurrent concussions w/ sports (I think they focused on football) was amazing! Please do check out the site. The articles can be informative and enlightening.

http://www.neurologynow.com

Best wishes, take care!
Shez
well i'm not a boxer but a pro wrestler which is somewhat different i don't take bad head shots repeatedly my experience with PCS is somewhat different i guess i took a shot to the head [which i'm not sure if even that was the shot] i was not knocked out but kept wrestling not really knowing that something in that time frame had messed me up as in continued i studied several things and since my stepmom had PCS she talked to me and our symptoms were just alike,doctors pass it off as nothing since my ct scan showed NO DAMAGE however i read everywhere that it not always showed damage i dont get headaches but i do get nausea and dizziness and man it is awful when it hits it doesn't always hit,i now think im suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as i believe the brain has healed but i cant get over it i relive it alot,im out of the ring now and working on getting better tell me what ya think?
tommywrestler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote