Thread: mri
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 03:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yup, looks bad

Hi there spanky,
Disclaimer: I am not a doc and you should listen to them not me and blah blah blah (typical disclamer). I have cervical disc issues and I have similar pathology. It appears that your disc is herniated pretty severely, that you have loss of disc space height in several areas (called degenerative disc disease-which is quite typical for those of us over 30...at least to a degree). You have a couple of bulges and possibly bony spurs. It looks as though the herniated level is compressing your cord (can be very bad). On the positive side, it is possible for a person with an MRI just like this to be asymptomatic believe it or not, from what I have heard. So, the critical element is what are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Why did you get the MRI in the first place? I would assume that since you got an MRI you are not feeling too good. Have you seen a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon? I highly recommend it! Please update us spanky on how you are doing okay? AS I said, my MRI looks similar to yours and my situation isn't too good.
neckasorus
neckasorus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote