View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hope you don't mind if I jump in with some thoughts.

One of the RSI {repetitive strain injury} places I read on - some mention a book by Sarno.
About the mind & body connection.
{his books are in libraries}
Some of the posters there did have success with using Sarno's methods for their RSI injury.

[Most people begin with “Healing Back Pain” which gives the basics of Dr. Sarno’s theories, diagnosis and treatment strategies. The next book, “The Mindbody Prescription” gives greater detail about TMS equivalents: symptoms other than musculoskeletal pain that are caused by the same Mindbody condition. Dr. Sarno’s most recent book, “The Divided Mind” reveals the doctor’s latest thinking about psychosomatic disorders and how the brain and emotions are the source of the most of the misunderstood symptoms which people experience today.]
http://www.healingbackpain.com/books.html

I read some of one of the books for my RSI injury, but it didn't really apply for me.

I don't recall if any of those posters mentioned having a traumatic or dramatic childhood or life, maybe they just didn't mention that.

I do think there could be some mind /body connection for some people.
Not in a bad way or negative either.. not the it's all in your head way -- but our mind is a very strong influence on our bodies.

I'm not saying it is or isn't the cause for any condition , but maybe just something to look into and with an open mind.