View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You could have a zinc deficiency. There is a product that will tell you if you are deficient in zinc. Zinc Status is sold in most health food stores for about $15 or less. This product works, and it better than a blood test done by your doctor.

I have a severe zinc and b6 deficiency. I know what you mean about rejection; I have been knocked on my butt because of psychological stress (or rejection). Zinc is great for the adrenal glands, and it also helps with boosting the immune system if you keep getting colds or infections. I have a hard time handling stress in general because of my deficiencies.

When I started supplementing some time ago I missed one dose because of a stomach ache or something, and I got a cold because of my zinc deficiency and missing just that one dose. The Zinc Status is a handy product to have around because even after supplementing zinc for weeks or months you can still be deficient in this mineral. And the only way you will know this is if you use the Zinc Status to test yourself.

Most of the lozenges contain very little zinc, only a few milligrams at most. But might not be bad during the winter as an adjunct to real zinc supplements, but won't make much difference on their own. I think Zicam is great if you have a cold because it gets the zinc in your nose where it is trying to reproduce itself.

I have fatigue and have tried some lysine. I didn't notice that it helped my fatigue. But I I have read that it can help with fatigue. I think you really have to have every single nutrient you need in order to beat fatigue, especially if this problem may be considered chronic or long standing.

The lysine caused my histamine levels to get high and this caused me to feel depressed rather suddenly. (I don't think lysine is something I need.) I don't think taking one amino acid long term on your own without any medical supervison is a good idea. I think you may have some nutritional problems besides just zinc and might need to find a qualified doctor who can treat your fatigue through a nutritional approach.

I had even tried the William Jeffries approach to treating adrenal fatigue with low dose natural cortisone supplements. That 4 or 5 mg. dose of cortisone just made my zinc deficiency even worse and did not really help the fatigue.

Taking synthetic estrogen makes you high in copper even without the zinc deficiency. When estrogen goes up in the body so does copper. Women you use anovulatory meds can have a problem with metabolizing vitamin b6. You may need some pyridoxine and p-5-p form of b6 besides the zinc if you have any hormonal problems.

The low thyroid is another reason to think you probably have a zinc deficiency. Selenium is also needed for the thyroid to function properly.

Because you have a couple of health conditions it would be best to be seen by someone who is qualified to help you with your nutritional issues.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote