View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
We went to my inlaws for Mother's Day when my kids were little...my second, Steven, was about 6 at the time.
He walked in, gave his Grandma a kiss, and said, "I think you'll love the red robe we got you."
I think his 8 yr old brother wanted to strangle him...as usual...my MIL loves to tell that story...

hehe -- that reminds me of another story about my grandson, also about age 3 or 4 at the time.

He was with his Mom and I at WalMart. It was his Mom's b-day, so I took him to the jewelry counter and we picked out a wristwatch. It seemed the perfect gift because it had her favorite color (blue) and Tweety Bird on it.

I explained to him how it was a secret. She was in the dressing room when he got on his little knees and peeked under the door. She said, "Chad, don't watch!"

When he heard the word "watch" I guess he figured the cat was out of the bag. He got so excited and picked up where she left off, "...and it's blue and has Tweety Bird and it's shiny..."

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-31-2009), Friend2U (02-01-2009), Jappy (01-31-2009), Koala77 (01-31-2009), SallyC (01-30-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-30-2009), weegot5kiz (01-31-2009)