View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Congratulations Frank. Social Security is starting to look at MS differently and hopefully it will be easier for people to get on disability. I used to determine social security disability for almost 15 years. It was so hard to go the process that all my clients went through. I had to ask others for help and my application wasn't totally finished. I ended up having the people at social security help me finish up all the paperwork and the person who handled my claim did some of the paperwork by phone and even talked to my husband. It was a humbling experience.

They had to send my case to Tallahassee because everyone knew me in Tampa.

It was hard to stop working (and I was even doing it from home by then and had dowgraded my work to a data entry clerk). It took a visit from a dear friend to tell me it was time.

I have no regrets, except my check is a fraction of what my salary was. It was a little hard at first, but I think back and remember how exhausted I was at the end of the day. I really had no quality of life. On top of that, I wasn't putting out the amount of work that was coming in. The hardest part has been the isolation, but my days are full (because it takes me so long to do things) and having NT has helped me through the hard times.

Doxie
doxiemama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
oldsteve (02-01-2009), weegot5kiz (01-31-2009)