View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I still wonder all the time, although I think my situation is somewhat different than many others. I had one flare that caused hearing loss for several weeks nearly 5 years ago, and haven't had a clear definitive MS symptom since. My neuro was proactive about doing MRIs every year after that episode and when more lesions showed up on my MRI without any distinct symptoms 2 years ago, she put me on Copaxone.

I am constantly questioning whether it is really MS...whether the fatigue I sometimes feel is MS or getting old. Whether the passing numbness along my jaw line that only lasts seconds is MS. Whether the loss of short term memory is MS or getting old, etc etc etc.

I feel terrific that I haven't had many symptoms, while feeling guilty about saying it around those who have, while wondering if I really have MS, etc etc. Everytime I see my neuro she talks about how great I am doing and how anybody who hadn't seen my MRi wouldn't know I had MS, and inside I silently wonder if I really do have MS.

Objectively I know that I do and I don't doubt her competence or her knowledge as a doc. But I still just can't help but wonder sometimes...
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (01-30-2009), thecatsmeow (01-31-2009), tkrik (01-30-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-30-2009), weegot5kiz (01-30-2009)