View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Twinkle, here are some super huge ((( HUGGERS ))) for you. I shall add you to my personal prayer list here as well.
There seems nothing more painful for us humans here on earth, than to see a loved one suffer with the pain and progressive weakness with their battles of cancer. As things get worse and they have to give up living alone to have family care for them..yes it's quite difficult.
Seven years ago I went through it with my own father. He had had prostate cancer in remission for 6 years, then it returned as bone cancer throughout his whole body. Being I live out of state from where he and both of my older sisters live, they became the caregivers for Dad. The doctors said that chemo wasn't even a CHOICE at his age of 87, but did try a couple of sessions of radiation on his shoulder blade area.
From that point on it became as you said Twinkle, ...helping them get dressed, shower, eat, and eventually the help from Hospice.
I can't say enough about Hospice workers..they are fabulous!!! Working with such individuals and families on a day to day basis, they can almost pinpoint the time of death down to the HOUR !! It's never easy for us to let our loved ones "go on before us", but Hospice does indeed make it a LOT easier.

Several days before my Dad passed, he had what is referred to as "out of body experiences" where he was talking with God and my Mom who had passed away 2 yrs earlier, telling God to "hold the gate open for him, he's coming"..and telling my Mom "I'm on my way to be with you honey, in just a little bit". My sisters both said that THIS was the most difficult of all the months that they cared for my Dad.
Through it all twinkle, keep the faith. Know that your Dad will be a precious angel and that he will be looking down upon you and your family until the day comes that we are all gathered together again in heaven.
God comfort you with His loving arms,

Marilyn

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (02-01-2009), DiMarie (01-31-2009), Twinkletoes (02-01-2009)