View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope15 View Post
Got a copy of my blood work in the mail today. My B12 level at the time of the test, taken about a month after being stricken with PN was 690. I know that is considered normal by many doctors, but is that really OK?
I can't imagine a doctor telling a person that their B-12 level is too high. That doctor knows absolutely NOTHING about neuropathy and B-12.

I take 5000 of the Methyl B-12 every single morning sub lingually. I've been doing this for about 2 years now (ever since I was diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy). I had the burning, the pins and the buzzing. Drove me crazy. I immediately went on the methy 12. I went from 1000 to 5000 after 1 week. I knew I needed it.

To say it has changed me is putting it mildly. It has rejuvenated me. My last testing level was 2000. My doctor didn't even blink because he knows me and what I am on.

He's a body builder and knows all about vitamins. I ran every thing by him. He's also my husband's doctor. He knows I grow my own sprouts, and I make home-made yogurt and he's completely supportive.

He is also very supportive of the vitamins and supplements that I take. I wanted him to know first hand what I take because I have spoken to other doctors, who, when I told them about B-12, looked at me like I was a lunatic and said the following words (I'll never forget them).

"You take B-12???, WHY I WOULD NEVER PRESCRIBE B-12 FOR ANYONE WHO WASN'T ANEMIC".

I will never forget that doctor if I live to be 100.

I told his partner what he said. His partner said "yeah, he's from the old school".

This guy is NOT my primary care physican.

My primary care physician is the best. He listens and he respects us. We can ask him any question about ANYTHING.

And he even hugged me when I went there to pick up samples of Alan's meds.

I am always surprised at how different physicians can be. It's amazing.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote