View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hearing loss and RSD

Hello all!! I was just researching on the web about this strange phenomenon that has occurred over the past month......actually ran across a thread from this forum and recognized many of the names here!! I want to post this question again.

I have had problems temporarily losing my hearing in both ears (it fades out quickly to where I can hear almost nothing and then slowly returns to normal after rushing noises or a deafening hum or a roaring sound (tinnitus). I thought it was med related.....went off the Lyrica thinking that was the culprit.....it is still happening almost daily.....(AND now I'm in worse pain from having come off the Lyrica on top of it).

It happens about once a day so far and takes about 10-15 minutes for it to normalize again. My hearing seems "normal" when this symptom is not present. I do have a history of TMJD and they have done every test imaginable on my ears in the past 3 years.....MRI, contrast MRI, CT scans, Tomograms, etc....they all showed some bony or joint abnormalities but nothing earth shatteringly wrong (except the unexplained extreme pain I am in constantly in my left ear).

I asked my pain doc if this could be from the RSD or if the TMJD could actually be RSD.....he said no. I am wondering what all of YOU have experienced?? Does anyone have any pertinent articles on hearing loss or Meniere's disease and RSD???? Is there a connection???

I should also mention that often when I experience this, I also feel EXTREMELY weak......cannot pick up a glass to drink or a pillow to lay on. It is literally like my limbs do not want to work properly. My blood pressure does seem to be somewhat low at times, but not alarmingly so. I have had pretty wild swings in my BP since my diagnosis 2 months ago ("wild" for me......120/80 to 80/40 throughout the day).

I just cannot make sense of all of these bizarre symptoms and cannot afford to go to 10 different docs and have 20 different tests run to rule things out.

I would be very interested in anyone's input who has experienced some of these same symptoms and what their docs did about it. Thanks in advance for any replies!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote