View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused RRMS and having more than one child

For those of you out there with RRMS and two very young children, how unbelievably hard is it? Would you recommend sticking with just one child?

Background info. My "high maintenance" yet charming child is 22 months old. Finally just got my confirmed RRMS dx after a year of hell. Starting copaxone this week. Got pregnant with DS three months after my first identified relapse and one month after my MRI. By the time I got my results back I was already pregnant (a surprise).

The first year of my child's life was bring you to your knees hard. He had colic, was a crap sleeper, BF'd *constantly* and was not an easy baby by any means. My delivery was a c-section under GA (reaction to the spinal) and everything went very sideways from there.

I need/want to work outside of the home. I currently work 4 days per week in a while collar desk job. We have no family in town that are able to help us out in the event of a relapse or other issues.

I "want" another child, but I really and truly don't know if we/I could handle it. I can barely manage the one I've got with the fatigue, etc.. Am I correct to suspect that with a second child my quality of life will go downhill quite severely?

If we do have another child will a 3 or 4 year age difference help alot? I feel like I need to make a decision to stay with just one child and find a way to become happy about it. But I just can't ditch the nagging feeling that our family isn't complete.

I'm so torn. I want another child but I am so worried that I would get run into the ground and be totally miserable.

Input?
jacksonsmommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote