View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk wrestling

Hi tommywrestler,

Sorry about my confusion. Not the first time or the last! LOL Okay...have you been working with a neurologist, or general practitioner? Have you seen a therapist to work upon psychological stress? If not, I'd recommend working with a social worker or psychologist with experience in TBI. They can make an assessment of your abilities and determine what the best course of action may be for you.That's my recommendation.

I also agree with the poster above regarding dehydration. Dehydration can cause both of those symptoms that you occasionally experience. Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate the body - so avoid those substances. Or if you do drink them, you're going to have to drink more regular fluids to make up for it. Drink 8-10 glasses of fluids (water, milk, juice) per day. You'll also need to drink more when you work out and sweat. Gatorade, a drink with electrolytes, is needed in those times to prevent dehydration and brain chemistry (primarily sodium levels) to drop low. I have had to go in for IV fluids a few times to prevent brain damage and re-hydrate. I, therefore, often have to push myself to drink up.

Best wishes!
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote