View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
i found my mouth getting very dry while using the nose pillows for the cpap machine. since switching to the mask that covers both the nose and mouth i have not had a problem with dry mouth. Its unbelievable how dry your mouth can get. what a feeling to wake up to.
Echoes long ago...I'm sorry we get to share this too! I do believe the CPAP is making it worse, along with the fact, I do not think I have the proper CPAP to begin with. I did have the dry mouth before CPAP though, much worse in the winter. I much prefer the nasal pillows, I had a terrible time with the nasal mask, and I'm sure I would fight with the full face mask. I hate anything touching me, and the nasal mask hurt my face. Besides, I am a side sleeper, and it's so hard to keep them from leaking! By the way, the nasal pillows do not cause a leak to your eyes, I do much prefer this mask.

Two of my sons are doing so well with their CPAP's, and both prefer the full face mask...of course, they have more face for it to fit on. As my sleep doc says...anyone with sleep apnea is equal, even though some are worse than others, he hates the mild, moderate, and severe range labeling. Both my sons are severe, I fall under the mild range, but have low oxygen levels and insomnia.

Have they ever connected sleep apnea to neuropathy?

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote