Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New Here

Hi,
I am new to the fibromyalgia board, but not to fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1997. I for a long time thought that it was a non-diagnosis. I really thought that my Dr.s just said that to get me off of their backs. I bugged and bugged them to get an answer to my pain. I had bone scans, was tested for rhuematoid arthritis, and many other conditions. Everything kept coming back, either borderline or negative. I was convinced that, in the small town I lived in at the time, they just thought I was whining.
Eventually the symptoms eased and I ignored those that didn't go away and went on with my life.

I have never been free of pain since then. I have seen many Dr.'s and none of them have come up with anything other than a chronic pain syndrome.

I was in a car accident in 2005 and was diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. All of my symptoms could not be explained by the TOS. I had surgery for the TOS in October of this year. Ever since the surgery I have had all of the pain that I had in 1997 return.

As a result, I thought it was time to learn about fibromyalgia. I need to find out about this condition so that I am able to tell what is from the TOS and what is fibromyalgia. I recognize that fibromyalgia is a real condition now, not a non-diagnosis. So if anyone has any ideas for figuring out what is going on with my body I would be very happy to hear them.

Thankyou for your time, and I wish you all a pain free day.
Trix
trix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote