View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too have TMJD, I've had it for years, long before my rsd diagnosis.

Following a 2nd infusion of Pamidronate a few years back I had a horrible reaction that cause loud roaring motor sound in my head. Pamidronate is from the family of bisphosphonates. While they were able to calm it down with steroids and 4 weeks of HBOT the loud ringing kept returning. There was no explanation for this to keep happening.

I was taken off didrocal and it is recommended that I avoid any medications that would be prescribed for bone loss. I found when placed on an antibiotic that they noise levels increased so I was switched to another medication for that infection. My dr. did not want to keep giving me steroids because of the osteoporosis issues with rsd.

Ultimately my dr. ended up giving me a steroid injection directly into my ear drum (yes very painful) but well worth it because it stopped the noise. I sustained some hearing loss but it is only in the low tones. Now I know why Van Gogh cut his ear off and was considered crazy. Thank good they were able to stop it because I did feel like I would go crazy too.

I still have some low humming from time to time and occasional mild vertigo.

I am very cautious about taking any new meds and do what I can to stay healthy, avoid caffeine, sugar, alcohol, etc... I am now taking Ginkgo Biloba and Coenzyme Q10 as some studies have suggested that they may help.

Here is a link to my government health site that offers information about tinnitus. http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/kbase/top...it/hometrt.htm

I hope you are able to find some help for this.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MominPainRSD (01-31-2009)