View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 10:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

when i wrote the part about narcotics, and throughout my paper, whren referring to people with RSD i always called them "patients" or "those with/suffering from RSD", and would use "people" to generalize for everyone- not just those with RSD. that might not have been clear... It is very well known that those drugs are highly addictive, and are used to get high and can cause future problems if not monitored and taken directly as prescribed. I just know that I have been to see doctors in 4 or 5 states about my RSD, over 15 total doctors, in the last 5 years, and i have always had to sign a drug contract of some kind when given narcotics or opiods, or some other drug that has some kind of want on the streets. I also had a spinal cord stimulator implanted, and explanted, and have the whole thing in sterile bags from when they removed it from me, so i was going off the device that i have. i did research for 2 months for my paper, and conducted personal surveys of over 30 RSDers. So from all of the information I gathered from the personal testimonies and over 15 other various sources- websites, books, brochures, etc. what ever I stated in my paper is accurate to some degree. it might not fit the things that you have experienced personally, but I think for the most part everyone can relate to every section of my paper. And personally I don't think i made anyone with RSD sound like drug addicts. But that is your opinion, and i can't change what u think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyfan View Post
Andrea, I am glad you got such a good grade on your paper but some of your information is wrong. The Spinal Cord Stimulator does not require yearly maintence. If you choose a non-recharable battery version about every 5 years you need the battery replaced. If you chooce the rechargable battery version as I did you can go nine years or longer before replacing the battery. The battery itself is also not the size of a television remote control it is a little larger than a silver dollar. That is all. It is very small. The external remote control is maller than most television remote controls. My insurance also did not hesitate to pay for my surgery all though they did require a psycological evaluation. They do this with almost all surgeries requring foreign object implantations. To make sure you will not freak out. I was also really hurt and offended by the portion of your paper that discisses the use of narcotics. That RSD people consider them in your words favorable because we get a high. Guess what I don't get a high! The reason I dont is because I am in so much pain & the fact that I only take my prescribed dosages. That my body uses all the medication. There is nothing for me to get "high" on. I am also not addicted to them. My body may be dependent on them to some degree but I am not looking for my next fix. You make us sound like a bunch of addictics. Attitudes like that is why more RSD people can't get the help they need.
Denny
PS not every doctor makes you sign a drug contract. I have never had a doctor who required that of their patients.