View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rach, thanks for the update. I'm glad your neuro is giving you something to help with the fatigue. You don't know how blessed you are to have found a neuro that will continue to treat you even without a specific diagnosis. My last 2 basically said: "Don't think it's MG. Have a nice day!" Judy, sounds like your GP is as nice as mine is. I saw mine today, by the way. She agrees it sounds like I've got gluten sensitivity , and drew blood for a celiac test.
Judy, I had the undiagnosed overactive thyroid from when I was about 13 or 14, it wasn't actually diagnosed until I had a thyroid storm, like you, at age 21 and had the surgery. Back then the treatment was probably much different from what you had. They gave me iodine for several weeks to get the hormone levels down enough to operate. Now that is some foul tasting stuff!!!!! Like you, my heart raced, 150 up to 165. I've always worried that I've worn it out by going so many years with it running out of control. What made mine so difficult to diagnose was that we were living overseas, and only came home every 3 years. I do remember going in to have a basal metabolism test just about every trip home. I'm currently on 137 mcg of Synthroid, and that dosage has been stable for me for several years now. So I guess I'm lucky in that respect.
Rach, I was so glad to hear you say you were learning to pace yourself. That is one of the biggest parts of the battle right there.
By the way, what is PLM? I googled it and came up with such things as POLYMET MINING CORP and Product lifestyle Management, which I'm sure is NOT what you all are talking about.
Well, I'm off to check of the celiac gluten sensitivity forums and see just what I can eat from now on.
Hugs,